Sunday, June 20, 2010

Christmas in June


The last assignment for the Pikaland bootcamp was to pick something you know, and something you love, combine the two and produce 3 artworks:
1. An artwork in a medium you like and are comfortable with
2. A pen and ink
3. A collage (the collage is not included here since it was tragic. I blame bad primary school art experiences for my hatred of collage)

So for the thing I know, I picked my family.

For the thing I love, I picked Christmas (I love my family too- but Christmas wins hands down). I love everything about Christmas, every possible tacky Christmas thing out there I love it. Bring on reindeer antlers, dancing santas and crappy Christmas crackers! I embrace them all with great Christmassy delight. I even love the cheesy songs in malls over Christmas and the Christmas ads on TV that start in October.

There were a number of other things in running for the things I love though (food mainly);
- coconut marshmallow ice cream- nom nom nom
- almond croissants from the bakery around the corner
- New York, I have never been there but I know I'll love it.
- pugs - and while on the topic go to www.jemmacorrell.com for awesome pug drawings and the best "Pugs not drugs" totes and t-shirts (Family - hint hint as a present for me at Christmas- see how this all ties in so nicely!)
Anyway, so I made clay figures of my family at Christmas. A kind of nativity scene... although I'm not sure, if there was a manger, who would be in it...

The second picture was a pen and ink drawing... not a super huge fan of it. I think the Christmas tree is the best thing about it.

To Ricki, Alex and Cindy - I'm sure after seeing the drawing you won't be hurt that weren't included. I ran out of time to include everyone. But if you are, I'm sorry.






No comments:

Post a Comment