Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pikaland Bootcamp




I signed up for the Pikaland bootcamp- for more info see www.pikaland.com. It has been great, and the feedback has been excellent. This week's assignment was to make a list of things you know and things you love, and then to combine them and produce 3 artworks. The first artwork was to be in a style that you are familiar with, the second was to be a pen and ink drawing and third was to be a collage. I will post these later.

In deciding on your two topics you were to take inspiration from things that surrounded you. So while going about this assignment I took a few photos of things around my house that I think are wonderful.

1. My Janet Frame doll - given to me on my 21st birthday. Made by Liz King who runs the Herbert General Store in Otago with her husband, Matt (close to Oamaru). I'm not sure if Liz makes them anymore, but she is always making other wonderful things.



2. Hope doll - present from my brother and Ricki for Christmas last year. Awesome. Purchased on Etsy, I need to track down the artist's site and post it here. Watch this space.



3. Coke bottle cap bag - Bought in South Africa. I just love it and I think it is one of the many great examples of the recycled art that is produced there.



4. My African doll mobile made for me for my birthday by my mother (with help from my father). Each doll is different.




5. Wire radio - Also bought in South Africa. It works beautifully and is also mostly made from recycled material.



6. Finally.. My pig mobile. Also bought in South Africa. I tried to make one, it is a lot more difficult than it looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment