Sunday, June 27, 2010

Past, present and future


Sadly, my Pikaland bootcamp finished this week. For this assignment you were to create 1 work based on a memory, one work based on the present and to use the image of a person jumping and then create the last work based on the future.

1. Past- I grew up in South Africa and had a wonderful nanny named Julie. Every couple of weekends she would visit her mother and occasionally would steal the odd stalk of sugar cane for my brother and I on her drive home. Sugar cane is extremely delicious.


The background also draws from childhood memories. We used to have parquet floors in our house- which is what Julie is standing on. The waves behind Julie are sort of meant to represent the swimming pool we had - I remember Julie being terrified of the pool (and rightly so) as she couldn't swim.

Present- image of Alex jumping into the clouds. It was very difficult to draw. Believe me.


And finally my future- which is self explanatory.



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and header!! i love your illustration style very much!! so full of fun and personal touch

    ReplyDelete